Mechanical Designer/Manufacturing Engineer
Boerger, LLC, an international leader in Rotary Lobe Pumps and Macerating Equipment, has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Designer/Manufacturing Engineer. This position would be responsible for 2D and 3D drafting responsibilities within the engineering department, including but not limited to: part creation, 2D detail drafting, sales drawings for application group, drawing checking, and print packet creation for production. Position would also be responsible for part creation of manufactured components within ERP software, including but not limited to: raw material selection, calculation of material usage, bill of materials creation, and routing selection/creation.
To fulfill the requirements of this position, the following is required:
- Minimum Associates degree in Engineering Technology or closely related field
- 0-5 years experience drafting in 3D parametric software creating BOM and component drawings
- Strong understanding of common manufacturing equipment and capabilities (TIG\MIG, mills, lathes, brakes, plasma\laser cutters)
- Strong mechanical aptitude with shop floor experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ferrous and non-ferrous material knowledge
- Solid understanding of part/assembly bill of materials
- Proficiency in blueprint reading
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Basic understanding of PDM software
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 1-3 years or more of professional experience in Solid Edge strongly preferred
- Experience with rotating equipment is preferred
- Exposure to ERP systems preferred
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and complete benefit package including health insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays and vacation.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to Mitch Erickson, mer(at)boerger.com.